Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Framed Jewelry Organizer

I've been searching for an easy, affordable, "artsy" way to house my growing jewelry collection for awhile.    So when I spied this cute, creative way to house jewelry via Liz Stanley, I was all over it.

Some frames I've piled up were just begging to be used and I even had some cabinet/dresser knobs laying around just for this project.  The rest, I was able to snag at my local hardware store. 

Here's a list of supplies you'll need:

Frames
Pegboard
Cabinet Hardware
Sandpaper
Primer
Paint
Paintbrushes

Everything is pretty self-explanatory:  Before you do any prep work and painting, decide where you want the knobs to go, and mark their placement on the back. 

Then lightly "scruff up" the front of the pegboard so that the primer will adhere well.  I used two thin coats of gray paint right out of the can, but you can also use spray paint, which I think would be easier and faster. Truthfully, the paint out of the can wasn't too bad to work with and I wanted a specific shade of gray.  I just kept a chopstick on hand to remove any "globs" of paint that might collect in the holes.

Next, just pop the dry pegboard back into the frame, insert the knobs, drape your jewelry, stand back and enjoy everything in its place!




P.S. I'd like to try this pegboard project next:



Posted by Dawn






No comments:

Post a Comment