Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pimped Out Peanut Butter Cookies



My sister made a version of these cookies for our family after she had sampled some classic peanut butter cookies that a coworker made for the holidays. She forwarded me the recipe, and because I'm known never to leave well enough alone, I was tempted to tamper with it...and so I did.

This is what resulted: a super easy, slight twist on the classic peanut butter cookie. I like to think what makes the cookies different are our fresh chicken eggs (thanks girls!), but I think it's the blinged-out topping that makes it a little more unique. In my ever evolving quest to experiment with recipes, next time I may have to dip half of the cookie in chocolate!

Pimped Out Peanut Butter Cookies

1 c. natural peanut butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
1 egg
1 t. vanilla extract
1/4 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 c. rolled oats
roasted + salted peanuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
sea salt and turbinado sugar for 'blinging'

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Cream the peanut butter and sugars together. Add egg and vanilla extract. Add flour and oatmeal until just combined. Stir in the peanuts if you desire!

Roll a rounded teaspoon full of dough into a ball and dip the top in the sea salt + turbinado sugar mix. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and "criss cross" the tops with a fork (my favorite part besides eating them!).

Bake for 8 minutes. Cool on pan until set, then transfer to a rack to cool. Makes a dozen cookies.

Posted by Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment